Become a Student
Begin your Registration
To begin your registration, please fill out our 2019 Student Application.
If tuition costs are a financial hardship, please fill out one of the following 2019 Scholarship Applications.
Through the non-judgmental bond a horse naturally offers, our therapy horses help our student increase their confidence and sense of self, allowing them to grow as individuals.
Therapeutic horseback riding lessons help students strengthen core muscles, motor skills, flexibility, balance, and so much more.
Our PATH certified instructors design individualized lesson plans to ensure each student receives the proper support and help they need.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the steps to register?
- Start by filling out our 2019 Student Application. You can find it online by clicking on the “Student Application” button above.
- Submit your application via email at email@example.com OR drop it off at the ranch during our business hours.
- After we receive your completed application, including the signed medical statement from a doctor (last page of student application), we will schedule the Student Evaluation.
- During the student evaluation, the instructor, student, and guardian will talk about what you want to achieve through our program and the cost of lessons.
- If cost of lessons is a financial hardship on your family, please fill out our Scholarship Application. For Veterans and students over 18 years of age, please call our office (951) 658-7790 to see what scholarship opportunities are currently available.
- Show up for your first lesson!
Do You Have Services for Veteran's
Yes! We offer our Horses for Heroes program, consisting of equine facilitated growth and learning classes, as well as traditional horse back riding lessons to Veterans under 70. The program is designed to help Veterans and their families cope with psychological and physical effects including post-traumatic stress and traumatic brain injury, among other issues. To register please fill out our student application available above.
What Type of Services Does your Non-profit Provide?
Our non-profit is dedicated to providing therapeutic horseback riding for individuals with special needs and disabilities and Veterans struggling with PTSD.
What does that mean? It means…
- All our instructors are PATH certified. They have been trained to provide horseback riding lessons specially designed to help individuals grow both physically and personally through riding and horsemanship skills.
- Each lesson is individualized to provide exercises and activities that will not only engage the individual, but also help them attain goals, physical exercise, and improve various physical and mental abilities.
- Lessons can be a group or private lesson, and be taught in either our covered arena or on our sensory trail.
- We also provide on-ground lessons when weather does not permit riding or when a student needs to get used to being around a horse.
How Will this Benefit me/ my child/ my family member?
Therapeutic Horseback Riding has been identified as one of the most beneficial forms of alternative therapy due to the various mental and physical benefits it provides. Therapeutic Horseback Riding helps alleviate various symptoms associated with a broad range of diagnoses.
The non-judgmental bond a horse provides, allows students to improve their self-confidence and communication. In addition, riding will increase motor skills, flexibility, sensory awareness, balance and much more. Our goal with our program is to help students of all abilities reach their full potential.
Can Lesson Tuiton be Covered by Insurance?
Unfortunately, costs of therapeutic horseback riding lessons cannot be covered by insurance. However, if the cost is a financial hardship on your family, we do have scholarship opportunities available.
For children 18 years and under: Please fill out the 2019 Scholarship Application. For more information please call our office at (951) 658-7790 and ask for Anakaren
For Veteran’s and individuals over 18 years of age: Please call our office at (951) 658-7790
Questions? Message us at Facebook.com/THECenterInc or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How Long are Lessons?
Lessons run anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the student’s comfort level on the horse.